ENG EQUIPMENTEric Radvanyi
ENG (electronic news gathering) audio recording is the staple of all location productions, demanding reliable audio capture and split second decisions. PWS offers some of the best field recording equipment in the industry with the ability to incorporate a variety of microphones best suited for your shoot.
If you have any questions or are interested in pricing please contact rentals or call us at (407) 240-2880.
Lectrosonics SM & SMQ
SM Blocks Available: 26
SMQ Blocks Available: 22 | 25 | 26
- The SMQ and SM transmitters are identical and are capable of 256 user selectable UHF frequencies.
- The SMQ is set apart from the SM transmitter with an impressive 250mW output power for use at extended range.
- Lectrosonics incorporates digital and analog audio technology to enhance range and eliminate the noise associated with compandor circuits.
- The SMQ and SM transmitters are completely compatible with all current Lectrosonics Digital Hybrid receivers and older Lectrosonics analog receiver models as well.
- The polished aluminum enclosure is splash proof and ideal for use in rain or nearby water.
- The SMQ and SM transmitters uses a single AA alkaline, NiMH or lithium rechargeable battery. The units are capable of up to 4.5 hours of use on a single lithium battery.
Lectrosonics UM400a Transmitter
Block Available: 22
- 256 synthesized UHF frequencies
- 100 mW output power
- DSP controlled dual envelope input limiter
- DSP emulations for analog compatibility
- Servo bias input preamp
- DSP based pilot-tone signal
- Circulator/Isolator output stage
- Adjustable low frequency roll-off
Lectrosonics UH400a Plug-On Transmitter
Block Available: 22
- Two rotary switches access 256 frequencies in standard Lectrosonics frequency blocks.
- Phantom power is selectable for 5, 15 and 48V for condenser and electret condenser microphones.
- The locking collar prevents the unit from accidentally falling off the microphone.
- The unit is powered by a single 9V battery and provides a full 100mW output over the life of the battery.
- The input limiter effectively reduces noised caused by circuit overload.
Lectrosonics MM400c Water-Resistant Transmitter
Block Available: 22
- The transmitter’s compact watertight design makes it suitable for use in heavy rain and humidity.
- The transmitter features 256 user selectable UHF frequencies and digital hybrid signal transmission for optimum range while minimizing noise.
- Incoming audio signal is digitized at 24-bit resolution, eliminating the noise and artifacts associated with analog compandors.
- A waterproof On/Off/Mute reed switch is provided. The switch is removable to prevent accidental switching caused by the talent.
- Comes with the Lectrosonics M152/WP omnidirectional lavalier mic, which features a 2.5mm micro plug that makes a watertight connection with the transmitter.
Lectrosonics UCR401 Receiver
Blocks Available: 22 | 25 | 26
- The UCR401 is a high performance compact UHF wireless microphone receiver for mobile applications such as ENG and film production.
- Unique DSP algorithms in the design provide full compatibility with all Lectrosonics 400 Series Digital Hybrid Wireless transmitters and variety of analog transmitters from Lectrosonics and some other manufacturers.
- Microprocessor control enables SmartSquelch and SmartDiversity advanced reception techniques to minimize noise and dropouts in all conditions.
- The receiver differentiates between close and distant operation and adjusts the squelch threshold automatically.
- Finding a clear operating channel is simplified with a choice of 256 frequencies across a 25.6 MHz bandwidth.
- A built-in RF spectrum analyzer scans the entire tuning range of the receiver and displays RF activity on the built-in LCD.
Lectrosonics UCR411a Receiver
Block Available: 22
- Digital Hybrid Wireless
- Smart Squelch & Diversity Technology
- Smart Noise Reduction
- Balanced XLR Audio Output
- 256 Selectable UHF frequencies
- DSP-Based Pilot Tone
- Graphics-Type Backlit LCD Display
- Internal Batteries or External DC Power
- Compatibility for Analog Transmitters
Sennheiser MKH 416 P48
- Optimized for outdoor applications
- Pressure gradient receiver with short interference tube
- Employs RF-technology to control residual microphone noise. Optimizing the transducer’s acoustic impedance results in a further improvement in low noise performance
- The RF-design yields low noise levels and high immunity to humidity and moisture
- The comparatively low RF-voltage across the elements of the transducer also eliminates arcing and DC-bias creeping currents
- Hypercardioid at low and medium frequency, above 2 kHz approaches lobar pattern
- Very low inherent self-noise
- High sensitivity
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Rugged, suitable for adverse climatic conditions
- Increased directivity
Sound Devices 664
- 6 ultra-low noise, high-dynamic-range mic/line inputs
- Analog peak limiters
- High-pass filters
- Input trim controls
- Direct outputs
- 3 sets of balanced /left/right outputs
- X1 and X2 output buses on balanced TA3 connectors
- XLR and Mulitpin connectors are selectable to AES3
- 16 record tracks
- Either 16 or 24 bit WAV files
- Scene, take, track, notes, and time code are saved
- All popular productions sampling rates are supported
Sound Devices 552
- 5 balanced mic/line inputs with XLR connectors
- Selectable 48 V pahntom on mic or line level
- Fully variable high-pass filters
- Input peak limiters
- Left/Right balanced switchaeable mic/aux/line-level outputs on XLR and 10-pin connectors
- Balanced left/right outputs on Ta3 connectors
- Two-channel ,records audio set to AES A
- 16 or 24 bit WAV file recording
Exterior is made of heavy duty water-resistant Cordura
- Carries a recorder, mixer, and up to 10 transmitters and receivers, headsets, and accessories
- Main compartment is fully padded to safeguard contents
- Removable internal dividers for custom configuration
- Free access to all mixer panels; sides, back, and top
- Double floor for headphone cable organization
- Multiple storage pockets for batteries, connectors, etc, plus a special pocket for housing a mixer battery and an external front accessories pocket
- Exterior straps for carrying a boom pole and extra cables
- 4 expandable snap-on pouches house transmitters or wireless receivers
- Top handle and adjustable, padded shoulder strap for comfortable and convenient transportation
Remote Audio BDS V3
- 1 input
- 5 Switchable outputs
- 1 unswitchable output
- Efficiently distributes power to up to 6 different devices
IDX NP-L7S Battery
- 14.6 VDC/ 4.6AH NP-Style Li-Ion Battery
- High temperature battery protection circuit
- LED power status display
IDX JL-2Plus 2-Channel Charger
- For NP-Style batteries
- Built-in 60W Power Supply
- Condition indicator
- Designed for modern day ENG and location recording
- Specially designed acoustic foam and fur achieve up to 25dB of wind-noise reduction
- Impervious to UV and moisture damage
K-Tek Graphite Boom Pole
- Collapsed Length: 3’0″
- Extended Length: 12’6
- No. of Sections: 5
- Product Weight: 1.635lbs
- Top Attachment: 3/8″ – 16 male thread
- Bottom Attachment: Male 3-pin XLR – Straight Exit
Sony MDR 7506
- Circumaural closed-back stereo headphone ideal for use in professional applications
- 40mm diameter drive units deliver deeper bass, lower distortion and wider dynamic range
- Neodymium magnets for maximum energy and minimum size
- Compact, foldable design
- Coiled cable allows for better mobility, and reach, while also preventing snags from tugging the headphones right off your ears
- OFC cable and gold plated Unimatch plug provides both 1/8″ mini-jack and 1/4″TRS phono connectivity